Monday, November 12, 2007

Back In Black


Well, it seems that I have inadvertently taken a week off. It has been a long and crazy week. I have been a bit under the weather with some sort of allergy problem. One that I am not really over yet. Be that as it may, I have returned and will offer a few thoughts on music.

Wednesday I saw the new incarnation of an old favorite band of mine, Nightwish. Shortly after I saw them in concert in 2004, they had a falling out with their lead singer. Mainly, the singer was being a wench and could no longer be worked with.

The new singer was quite a pleasant surprise. Although she is not a classically trained opera singer, she packs quite a set of pipes anyway. Her voice is rather bright and her sound reminds me of the singer from Aqua, (Barbie Girl, Candyman) also, they are both Swedish so they have a smiler accent.

The show was most excellent. The energy was very high and the band looked like they were having fun with each other. The were laughing, smiling and playing all over the stage, they reminded me of the Nightwish that I knew from Finland back in 1998. Best of all, at the end of the show, the band jumped down and shook the hands of the fans in the front row after the show. Something that had gone by the wayside when Tarja was singer and is now, very happily something that they do again. Well done Nightwish! I think you may be around for a long while yet.

2 comments: